Free 6 Step Process to more followers!
WANT MORE VALUE??
Instagram organic growth, just like any genuine social media follower strategy, relies on great content. Ultimately, if you want people to like, follow and engage with you, then you’re going to need content that appeals to them.
So, how do you decide what your fans expect from you?
Fortunately, you don’t need to guess. Instead, try:
- Keeping an eye on competitors with a similar target audience: Find out what kind of content your competitors are posting and make a note of anything that generates a lot of engagement. For instance, do people in your space seem to get better results when they post regular Instagram Stories alongside their standard pictures?
- Tracking what’s trending: Keep an eye on customer and influencer profiles in your space and find out what #hashtags they’re using, or trends they’re following. This will give you an insight into the kind of content that generates the most buzz among your audience.
- Use tools to track performance: With a tool like SOCIALFLARE you can follow the keywords that are sending the most traffic your way, and learn what’s working for your top performing posts.
If you’re struggling to choose the right content for Instagram organic growth, ask your followers what they’d like to see. Load Instagram Stories and select the “poll” sticker option to start collecting ideas and feedback from your existing customers.
WHAT NOT TO DO
- Don't Post Sub-Par Photos. ...
- Don't Go Too Off-Brand. ...
- Don't Forget to Caption. ...
- Don't Ignore Hashtags. ...
- Don't Ignore Your Followers. ...
- Don't Be Inconsistent. ...
- Don't Follow People You're Not Interested In. ...
- Don't Ignore Analytics..
Post-High-Quality Images – Instagram growth requires that the client is posting high-quality images to their account. We request a minimum of 20 photos per month, however our data and experience shows that growth can be accelerated by posting 30 images per month (1 post per day). Instagram favors accounts that are active. Therefore, it is difficult to achieve accelerated follower growth on an account that is dormant and has not posted any content for weeks. Please note that some users will NOT follow an account that has not posted recently, therefore an active account is necessary.
Respond to Comments – Instagram growth requires engagement with your audience. Therefore, please make an effort to reply back to your Followers that are liking your photos, leaving comments, asking questions, or trying to contact you directly. The more engaged you are, the more engaged your Followers will be as well.
Experiment with different media
Speaking of choosing the right content for Instagram growth, remember that there’s more to IG than just photos. While the images you share on a daily basis help to grow your personality and develop your reputation on the channel, don’t be afraid to explore other options too.
For example, 65% of all the ad impressions on Insta come from video. Experimenting with story ads increases your marketing recall, improves purchasing intent and enhances click-through rate all at the same time.
As video content continues to dominate on Instagram, it’s worth diversifying your feed. Now that IGTV is here to offer opportunities for long-form content, the demand for video is set to grow even more. Try:
- How-to content that demonstrates the unique appeal of your product or service.
- Behind-the-scenes videos to introduce your team and build organic relationships
- Q&A sessions with influencers that boost your credibility.
Engage with your audience
Social media (on any channel) is all about engagement.
You’d be surprised how many companies searching for Instagram growth forget the “social” part of social media marketing.
Posting the right content, consistently and at the right times, will attract more attention from your target audience. However, it’s the conversations you have with those people that turn casual visitors into brand advocates and loyal fans.
Liking a comment, answering a question, or even responding to a direct message all help you build deeper relationships with your followers. In fact, according to Sprout Social Insights, answering consumer questions on social media drives 49% of fan purchases.
You don’t need to respond to every message or @mention. Just be as active as possible. Your people understand that you’re busy running a business, but they’ll appreciate every interaction you give them. For instance, @LocalWanderer doesn’t respond to compliments on her IG photos, but she does answer questions about where she is, or where she got her clothes. This delights her followers and simultaneously lets her give a shout-out to her latest blog post.